Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Daily Encouragement (1/08/06) "God's Steady Hand"

To make sure you continue to receive these e-mails in your Inbox (so they're not sent to a junk folder),
please add scweber@dailyencouragement.net to your address book or safe sender list.
Whitelist Us
Trouble reading this email? Read current message online or see archives.
RSS feed Podcast feed
Daily Encouragement Net Header
A daily, Bible-based perspective of hope, encouragement and exhortation.


· ListenListen to these messages · Easy read/print

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Photo of Conewago Creek with Scripture verse
Conewago Creek

(Click here to listen to this message on your audio player.)

"God's Steady Hand"

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" (Isaiah 41:10).

This morning I am blessed as I read and study God's Word for perspective and the "big picture." We all observe and experience current events, whether in our own personal lives or on a larger scale and we wonder, "What does this mean?"

The Lord is always in control and is always at work. I have often pointed out that God is at work both macroscopically and microscopically. That is He is involved not only in the big picture (affairs in nations, the world, and the entire universe) but He is also actively involved in the minutest details of our lives (keeping active track of the hairs on each of our heads for example). A maturing Christian has a growing peace and calm assurance regarding God's will being worked out in his own life and in the Kingdom of God.

But God's providential ways are surely difficult to understand. They can be mysterious and the testings of life can bring about hardship. Some readers this very day are dealing with confusion, disappointment or are in the midst of a very difficult trial. You join Brooksyne and me in waiting for God's plan to be worked out in your life and in His Kingdom. But the wait is hard.

I want to remind you this morning of God's steady hand. In a wonderful promise found in Isaiah God says, "I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." He will and this truth is a major source of the assurance we can have as God works out His plan for our lives. God's upholding hand is always steady!

Fellow believer, the only sure foundation is Christ and the Word. We need to stay faithful and vigilant to keep our heads on right!

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say, than to you He hath said,
To you who for refuge to Jesus have fled? *


Be encouraged today,


Stephen & Brooksyne Weber

Daily Prayer: As a loving parent takes the hand of a wobbly child to love, lead, protect, and steady him so it is with You, Father, who upholds us with Your righteous right hand. After all, it is Jesus at Your right hand who is always interceding for us. No tempest storm can overtake You and no earth shattering event perplexes You. As we walk in Your ways help us to cling tightly to Your loving, protective hand so that we don't veer off-course. We want to exchange fear for trust, replace self-reliance for God-reliance and depend on Your plan rather than our own. Help us to do so. Amen.



Note from Brooksyne: It's been a few years since I watched toddlers for 14 hours. Certainly I've done nursery duty and watched children for several hours at a time, but it was a delightful challenge yesterday to be in charge of a nearly two year old girl and her three year old brother. They're well-behaved children so we didn't have major discipline problems. After child-proofing our house before their arrival there was one lingering concern Stephen and I both had. We have a very dangerous stairway. It goes three levels with no side wall between; a pretty and open design that has a potentially dangerous drop-off for anyone who would fall between. Little Sadie Ruth who is still a little unsteady in her walk really concerned me. I don't think she was ever in the vicinity of the stairway when I didn't jump up to make sure she was safe. Though she is a very independent child and often resists assistance, she didn't fight me when I insisted on holding her hand. As the day wore on she not only didn't resist my help but actually welcomed my steadying hand. I think even she could see the potential danger. This analogy reminds me of our Scripture today – may I ever be mindful of the potential danger that awaits me when I resist the hand of my Master who has only my best interest in mind.



"How Firm a Foundation"
Low quality (dial-up) audio mp3
High quality audio mp3
This version is by Charlie Zahm and was recorded in Moore's Chapel, a local church in Elkton, Maryland, USA

* "How Firm A Foundation" Keith, George / Steele, Anne © Public Domain



Today a powerful portion of the Word that I examined and sought insights from was Deuteronomy 32. It has a verse that I considered commenting on and may very well do so in a future message that states, "They are a nation without sense, there is no discernment in them" (Deuteronomy 32:28). Our nation and many other nations in the West are in a great state of confusion. In this verse God is prophetically warning of the future apostasy of the people of Israel, which culminated with their Babylonian exile some 800 years after this was spoken. Without the firm foundation of God's Word we are on sinking sand. The consequences may not be immediate, but they are certain.


ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
Donate Each weekday Brooksyne and I prepare these messages and distribute them at no cost to you and many others all around the world. Would you please help us continue this encouragement ministry? As an expression of appreciation for your support we are offering our new "Encouragement" screensaver, a selection of photos with accompanying Scriptures, along with our desktop collection with each offering (available either as download or CD.) See here for details.

Personal Ministry Update

Join: To receive this free "Daily Encouragement" e-mail devotional use our form. New subscribers receive a link to free computer desktop background photos with Scriptures! Here's the welcome letter that comes with new subscriptions.

Cancel: To remove your address from this mailing list merely use the link at the very bottom. (To change addresses cancel old address and then join again using new address.)

Contact us

Please feel free to pass this message on!


Bookstore
Daily Encouragement Net is
an affiliate of Christianbook.com
Search:
Christianbook.com

Weber family photo 9/30/06
The Weber Family
Stephen, Brooksyne & Ester
"We want to encourage you daily in your walk with Christ!"
(Click on photo to enlarge)

Personal Mission Statement:
"I am created by God to bring Him glory. Through God's Son Jesus Christ I have been redeemed and I make it my life's goal to please the Lord. My mission in life is to honor God through my faith and obedience and to prepare myself and all whom I may influence for eternity."


How to become a child of God

Scripture references are from The Holy Bible: New International Version. © 1984 by International Bible Society; NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission; and the King James Version.

© Copyright 2006 Stephen C. Weber - All Rights Reserved

Daily Encouragement Net - 495 Kraybill Church Road - Mount Joy, PA 17552

Chaplaincy logo

"Living securely today anchored
in God's solid foundation"