Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"Day After Day"


A daily, Bible-based perspective of hope, encouragement and exhortation.


Previous Message · Easy read/print edition

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Pansies
Doris High, a friend of ours, is a tremendous photographer.

These colorful pansies really brings a smile to my face!


ListenClick here to listen to us read this message on your audio player.

"Day After Day"

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim His salvation day after day" (1 Chronicles 16:23).

Those of us who follow the Lord rightly speak of wanting to be in the very center of God's will. There are certain issues of life in which we must seek the Lord's will and submit ourselves to His providential direction. At times we may seek counsel from others and sometimes His will is given progressively, a little direction at a time. Such is the life of faith. When we are confronted with a number of valid choices we rightly ask, "Which way Lord?" and we can depend upon Him to open the right door and close the wrong one, however confusing or disappointing that might be in the short term.

But there are so many areas of life where the will of God is absolutely clear to us. Today's verse is a portion of an ancient Psalm written by David some 1,095,000 days ago. It tells us that we are to "Sing to the Lord." I am so thankful for the gift of music although I am certainly not gifted musically. I can still sing out praises to the Lord for He is always worthy and does not find my voice displeasing to His ears (off-pitch, though it may be.)

That's one of the joys of an early morning walk. Or today as I was driving across Lancaster County before 5:00 AM I was tremendously uplifted as I listened to Praise and Worship music on Christian radio! God has given each of us a song today and we are called to sing it to Him. Some of you, like me, aren't very comfortable singing when others are listening, but God asked for His song. It may be a song belted out or a song that you carry in your heart. Whatever the circumstance, let us give to the Lord a song
offering today!

David's command to "Sing to the Lord" is directed to "all the earth", which surely includes you and me today wherever we live. I'm preparing a sermon for this coming Lord's Day in which I consider a timeless parable or illustration used by Jesus (the Parable of the Sower.) What strikes me is how His stories are capable of being universally understood regardless of time or place. As I share these messages over the web what a joy it is to realize that whatever location you are reading this from, it applies to you!

We are to "proclaim His salvation day after day." Certainly there is an aspect that this proclaiming expresses an upward thanksgiving toward God for our salvation, but I believe it is also a call to outward witness. The word for "proclaim" means "to announce". Today God continues to call His children to proclaim His salvation. The world may ignore, reject or even scorn the message but the call remains, "Proclaim His salvation day after day". That's what I do today and desire to do faithfully everyday. Will you join me?


Be encouraged today,


Stephen & Brooksyne Weber

Daily Prayer: Father, there are so many believers You have gifted with the ability to write meaningful words of praise and testimony that mirror the same expression I have in my heart but am unable to put into words or musical script. Though I've not been given this same talent thank you for giving me the ability to sing these songs as they resonate from my heart. The Psalmist David, the greatest poet of all time, proclaimed over and over again the wonders of Your salvation. May we never tire of this glorious life-changing theme as we sing about the marvelous miracle of salvation day after day. Amen.



Vista view
"Early in the morning my song shall rise to Thee"

Today's suggested music:

"Every Day"
"May Jesus Christ be Praised"
"This Life"
These songs are from the website of the Burlington Flats Baptist Church in Burlington Flats, New York.

Today's photo is from
Doris High's photo blog.

Administration Information
Weber family photo 9/30/06
The Weber Family
Stephen, Brooksyne & Ester
"Our family wants to encourage you daily in your walk with Christ!"
Personal Ministry Update

Donate Each weekday Brooksyne and I prepare these messages and distribute them at no cost to you and many others all over the world. Would you please consider a financial offering to support us in this encouragement ministry? See here for details.

Join:
To receive these free "Daily Encouragement" devotionals each Monday-Friday through email see this page to subscribe.

Cancel: To remove your address from this mailing list merely use the link placed by the mailing list software at the very bottom. (To change addresses cancel your old address and then join again using your new address.)


Please feel free to pass this message on! See
permissions

Daily Encouragement Net is an affiliate of Christianbook.com

Personal Mission Statement:
"I am created by God to bring Him glory. Through God's Son Jesus Christ I have been redeemed and I make it my life's goal to please the Lord. My mission in life is to honor God through my faith and obedience and to prepare myself and all whom I may influence for eternity."

How to become a child of God

Scripture references are from The Holy Bible: New International Version. © 1984 by International Bible Society; NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission; and the King James Version.

© Copyright 2007 Stephen C. Weber - All Rights Reserved

Daily Encouragement Net
495 Kraybill Church Road - Mount Joy, PA 17552
Contact us
Chaplaincy logo

"Living securely today anchored
in God's solid foundation"


www.dailyencouragement.net