Thursday, October 19, 2006

Daily Encouragement (10/19/06) "He Knows Me!"

To make sure you continue to receive these e-mails in your Inbox (so they're not sent to a junk folder),
please add scweber@dailyencouragement.net to your address book or safe sender list.
Whitelist Us Trouble reading this email? Read current message online or see archives.
RSS feed Podcast feed
Daily Encouragement Net Header
A daily, Bible-based perspective of hope, encouragement and exhortation.


<Previous Message · ListenListen to these messages · Easy read/print

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Photo of "Where am I?"
Where am I?
(Click on photo to enlarge)


(Click here to listen to this message on your audio player.)


"He Knows Me!"

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways" (Psalm 139:1-3).

A long-time friend of mine and daily encouragement reader is in today's photo. Do you know where he was at the time the photo was taken? Several of you will recognize him and will know where he now lives, which is a clue. But others will observe the info on the gps and thereby will be able to precisely identify where the photo was taken.

One thing is for sure, Christ knows where he was at that very moment and where he presently is at this very instant. GPS and other modern technology is not required for this knowledge and I have tremendous assurance as I consider that my heavenly Father also knows where I am at all times. And this is true for everyone! He knows me; He's familiar with all my ways. We may all exclaim along with David, "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me!" (Psalm 139:6).

Psalm 139 speaks of God's intimate knowledge of us as individuals and His care for each one of us. Although David writes the Psalm very personally, applying these truths to himself, they are equally pertinent to every one of God's creation. We can read it as though we ourselves wrote it.

Today I want to encourage each reader with these truths. He knows where we are and is intimately acquainted with the very issues that bring on anxiety, pain or temptation. In the midst of it all He encircles us with His loving care as He makes this firm commitment to every one of His children: "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

So, like the Psalmist, we properly respond to Him: "Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23,24).


Be encouraged today,


Stephen & Brooksyne Weber

Daily prayer: Father, You created me with a set purpose in mind. During my allotted time on earth it is Your plan that I come to repentance and live a responsible, fulfilling live of service for You. As You search my heart, may You find it to be pure, undivided, and wholly true to You. I'm grateful for Your promise to guide me and hold me secure no matter where I dwell. Father, what blessed assurance it brings to know that I can never move beyond Your compassionate care or loving favor. Not only do You grant me every breath on earth, but You will also help me conquer death. Because of these glorious provisions, I have blessed assurance now and blessed hope for my eternal future! Amen.



Yesterday I challenged readers to identify the character and reference. "He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. 'I have had enough, LORD,' he said. 'Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.'" The answer is Elijah and the reference is 1 Kings 19:4. Nice job to all who responded. Several guessed the prophet Jonah, who did have a similar experience in chapter 4 of the book that bears his name.

I enjoy this interactive aspect and some of you do as well so I will welcome responses as to where today's photo was taken. Identify the continent, country and if possible precise location (and this is possible based on the info on the gps!) I'll share the answer tomorrow.



"He Knows My Name" by Tommy Walker is a song that comes to mind as I prepare today's message. Here's an audio mp3 of this song from a Canadian church.


ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
Donate Each weekday Brooksyne and I prepare these messages and distribute them at no cost to you and many others all around the world. Would you please help us continue this encouragement ministry? As an expression of appreciation for your support we are offering our new "Encouragement" screensaver, a selection of photos with accompanying Scriptures, along with our desktop collection with each offering (available either as download or CD.) See here for details.

Personal Ministry Update

Join: To receive this free "Daily Encouragement" e-mail devotional use our form. New subscribers receive a link to free computer desktop background photos with Scriptures! Here's the welcome letter that comes with new subscriptions.

Cancel: To remove your address from this mailing list merely use the link at the very bottom. (To change addresses cancel old address and then join again using new address.)

Contact us

Please feel free to pass this message on!


Bookstore
Daily Encouragement Net is
an affiliate of Christianbook.com
Search:
Christianbook.com

Weber family photo 9/30/06
The Weber Family Stephen, Brooksyne & Ester
"We want to encourage you daily in your walk with Christ!"
(Click on photo to enlarge)

Personal Mission Statement:
"I am created by God to bring Him glory. Through God's Son Jesus Christ I have been redeemed and I make it my life's goal to please the Lord. My mission in life is to honor God through my faith and obedience and to prepare myself and all whom I may influence for eternity."
How to become a child of God Scripture references are from The Holy Bible: New International Version. © 1984 by International Bible Society; NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission; and the King James Version.

© Copyright 2006 Stephen C. Weber - All Rights Reserved
Daily Encouragement Net - 495 Kraybill Church Road - Mount Joy, PA 17552

Chaplaincy logo

"Living securely today anchored
in God's solid foundation"